Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Top 10 Delights

To balance my top 10 pet peeves I decided to write a top 10 pleasures list (Webster’s Dictionary lists “pleasure” as an antonym to “pet peeve”). These are not in any particular order:
1. Dinner and drinks with friends. Especially at a good restaurant like Tacqueria, Tijuana Garage, or Pappasitos (notice a theme here?).
2. Friday. Everything about Friday is good. I can’t remember having a bad Friday. It is easier to get up in the mornings, the sun seems to shine a little brighter, the only negative is that time seems to slow on a Friday. 5 pm can’t get here soon enough!
3. Hanging out at Atlanta Brewing Company on a warm, sunny, Friday afternoon. So really this encompasses #1 and #2, but it’s still worth mentioning. $5 for an all-you-can-drink brewery tour, with your friends, is unbeatable.
4. Road trips! (aka Vacations) Going anywhere, as long as it’s out of Atlanta. I love the A-town but everyone needs to escape once in a while and remember there are places that exist sans traffic jams!
5. Football season. Every year I look forward to the start of football season. There’s the hope of a national championship, tailgating with your friends, and parties to watch the away games. This year I’d like to combine #1, #4, and #5 by planning a road trip to watch a GT football game (in an RV would be even better!).
6. Laughing. I laugh easily and sometimes as silly things. These things have recently made me laugh: Wait, Wait, Don’t tell me! (NPR’s weekly quiz show), Waiting (the movie, it was hilarious! but crude), How I Met Your Mother, The Office, and trying to imagine how you tape a groin injury (seriously, think about it! If anyone knows how this is accomplished, tell me!).
7. Email. I would not classify myself as an email addict (I don’t check email on the weekends) but I am an addict-in-training. I wonder if I would be able to stay in touch with high school and college friends as much without email.
8. Abbey. Coming home and seeing my puppy Abbey almost always puts a smile on my face (except for that one time she ate the mail and destroyed a Tears for Fears CD). Her tail wags so violently that she goes into a full-body shake.
9. Accomplishments. They can be big or small but I love the feeling of achieving something. A good grade on an exam, or just cleaning up the house. It’s such a satisfying feeling. Makes me understand why people like to keep “to-do” lists.
10. Reading. I can get lost in a book, so much so that I am able to completely block out the outside world. I am currently reading (well, really listening to) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I just finished Scarlett (which I loved!) and next I want to read The French Lieutenant’s Woman.

2 comments:

Aisha said...

This is nice! i might have to do it too.

Anonymous said...

Abbey made the list and Lee didn't???? ; )