Friday, February 16, 2007

Mid-Winter Depression: A Poem

It's cold outside
When the wind hits your face you get tear-eyed
Too cold to walk the dog
Definitely too cold to jog

The plants are dead and brown
The whole world seems to slow down
I feel listless and blue
When is Spring coming? I wish I knew

Then I could count down the days
To grilling out and laying out (to soak up the sun's rays)
Winter go away!
Take your cold temps and skies of gray.

I hope I remember this feeling,
this summer when it's humid and hot
So when I start to wish the days were cooler
I'll think about this poem and be thankful that it's not.

2 comments:

Aisha said...

Amanda, did you write this??

Amanda said...

Aisha - Sorry it has taken me a while to comment (I forgot to check my "dashboard" for comments that need to be published).

I did write this - thanks to the help of rhymezone.com:)