Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Poem About Waiting for the FedEx Truck or When Will My Damn MacBook Get Here?

The email arrives!
My MacBook has shipped!
I click the tracking number – anxiously awaiting the results on pins and (what rhymes?) knives!
January 5th – my MacBook will arrive fully equipped!

I checked FedEx.com four times yesterday
No new information – it’s only updated once a day

I check the website again today
Now my MacBook is delayed!
It won’t arrive until January 9th, a Tuesday
And I won’t be home so I can sign for it and play

Oh FedEx! Oh FedEx!
Please update your site!
I need to know where my Mac will be next

And so I sit today – unable to concentrate
What can I do to get FedEx to accelerate?
MacBook please get here and get here fast
So this waiting and hoping I can get past
(and on to the next online purchase!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm going through the same thing, only I'm going to get home one day and there will be a sticker on my door, and I'll have to go pick up the package because I'm never home during the day to sign for it!