Thursday, August 10, 2006

It's always SUNNY

When Friends and Seinfeld ended I never thought I'd see a good television sitcom again. Thank goodness I was wrong. NBC has given me The Office and CBS has given me How I Met Your Mother (aka HIMYM). Now FX presents It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Actually I think the show got its start on Fox but didn't do so well there. FX picked it up and I hope it stays on the air. The show is in its second season and it is HILARIOUS. The show is about 4 friends and their bar (Danny Devito is also on the show but I think he's there just to give a little star power to the cast - he doesn't have a main role). Two characters, Dennis & Sweet D, are part owners of the bar (and also siblings), and the other two characters, Charlie & Mac, are their friends who also work at the bar. The show is almost always about some taboo or inappropriate topic and, since the show is on cable after 10, they use adult language. About the only thing they won't say is the f-bomb. It's hard to describe the show, or even some of its funny parts so I encourage you to watch one episode and judge for yourself. Where I live its on Thursdays at 10 pm. Here's the link to the show's webpage: http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/sunny/

I'll leave you with a quote from Charlie:
"If I'm in love with Jesus does that make me gay? Am I gay for God? Yes I am"

2 comments:

Aisha said...

"How I met" is funny but not 100% wonderful to me. Teh Office is fantastic. Do you watch Curb your Enthusiasm? That is a bit crazier than Seinfeld but I LOVE it. Also King of Queens never got old for me. I will have to check this new one out :) Because I can always use more TV in my life... *sigh*

Amanda said...

Aisha, I love Curb your Enthusiam - it is so inappropriate & funny! If you like Curb I think you'll like "Sunny" too. Check it out and let me know what you think!