Thursday, July 13, 2006

How much is a margarita pitcher worth?

So we went to Pappasito's tonight (Party on the Patio, 5-7, with free appetizers!!!). Seemed like a good idea. And it was, until we got the bill. My friend S and I split a "Wave" pitcher of margaritas. When we got ready to pay I asked the waiter how much our pitcher was and he said "$29.95". I said "No we only got one, how much for just one?" and he said "$29.95". I said I didn't believe him so he brought us the bill. Sure enough one pitcher of margarita was $29.95! Do you know all the things you could buy for $29.95 (for example 4 combo meals from Chick-fil-A, 3 bottles of wine, 1 pair of Reef flip flops, or 2 eye shadows from Urban Decay)!!!!!!!!! Things that are better than just one pitcher of margaritas? Now I will grant you that a pitcher of margaritas is pretty damn good, but not $30 good, more like $15 or $20 good.
This is just another good reason to only drink BEER!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually it's a good reason to ask the price before you order something :) I love how restaurants get away with expecting people to order and then presenting them with the price after the drink is consumed. What if they said it was $500 for the pitcher? Maybe you could have negotiated a reasonable price since $30 is outrageous. It's not a contract between buyer and seller unless the price is agreed to beforehand, right? Maybe you could have said you refused to pay $30 and told the waiter he had "no deal", meaning you don't agree so there is no contract and no liability for you to pay? Can someone with a law background help me out here?

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

I should have used my Contracts knowledge to negotiate that pitcher! I didn't even think about it - hhhmmmm, maybe I should rethink this lawyer thing, I don't seem to be very good at it!

BTW, Bob - why do most of your comments have the work "sucks" in it? Like "Jacksonville sucks"? Do we go around constantly saying "Wisconsin sucks"? Now - granted we tease you about being from the cheese state and about liking snow (I still think that's weird) but I feel like you have been in bashing mode lately.

Anonymous said...

jacksonville is a fine municipality

Anonymous said...

We have a twenty dollar beer at Stubbies. I, of course, have sampled it. Not sure if its worth $20 though. I do, however, warn people of the price (if anything is over 10 bucks) before I serve it. It was nice meeting you last Saturday night.

Anonymous said...

We have a twenty dollar beer at Stubbies. I of course have sampled it. Not sure if its worth $20 though. I do, however, warn people of the price (if anything is over 10 bucks) before I serve it. It was nice meeting you last Saturday night.

Amanda said...

Rick - I have yet to taste a beer that's worth $20 - although I would probably try it. The question is will Stubbies actually have the $20 beer in stock?:)

Anonymous said...

Well you'll just have to come back to see.

Anonymous said...

If you're ever in Rochester I know this GREAT mexican restruant (for NY that is) that serves great Marg. for $3 a glass - salt and all.

As for Bob and the snow... I've lived up and down the east coast (snow free zones included) and I don't know if I could live without snow. Of course if it didn't come in feet at a time it might be less exciting.