Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Restaurant Recommendation: Pao de Mel

There is not an Atlanta Bread Company (my favorite "fast-food"/lunch type restaurant) near my work so I am forced to venture to other destinations for lunch. I go to lunch about once a week and every week, usually around 11 am the inevitable question pops up "Where should we go for lunch?". It's always the usual suspects - Moe's, Jason's deli, Moe's, Mellow Mushroom, Moe's, or sometimes Willy's. Today I found a new place called Pao de Mel. Its a Brazilian bakery serving breakfast, lunch, & dinner (but the menu is always the same). I tried the ham & cheese sandwich, which doesn't sound especially exciting but this wasn't your ordinary ham & cheese. It was on a yummy, fresh baked roll, with 2 slices of thick cut ham and melted cheese. It was served warm and it didn't take long for me to eat the whole thing. And it was only $1.50! We also tried the hot dog stuffed roll. Next time I want to try the cream cheese stuffed bulgar wheat roll and some of the delicious looking desserts. And the rolls stuffed with mozarella and sprinkled with parmesean. And the sweet pastries. And also the brazilian hamburger:)

p.s. a friend just reminded me about Scalini's and now all I can think about are their garlic rolls drenched in butter! YUMMMMMMMMMM

No comments: